Volunteer Internship in Information Technology
Scope of Internship:
May include, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Participate in and learn techniques for providing professional, effective and efficient first-tier Service Desk technical support to an organization through email, phone, and walk-in support.
- Assist in troubleshooting Service Desk tickets.
- Assist in various IT projects from running cable to documenting processes.
- Assist in filing IT purchase orders and organizing departmental records.
- Will be assigned additional projects and/or research as time permits. Examples of such projects may include setting up a new Linux syslog server, creating a new CHF Windows 7 image, ghosting new computers, revising IT knowledgebase, etc.
- Includes opportunity for 2-3 hours/week of self-study with follow up conversation regarding foundational IT concepts, including but not limited to: Windows 7 OS, Active Directory, DNS, networking basics, Linux OS’s, SQL and data structure, and other topics as time and interest permit.
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, actively serving in a local church.
- Able to interact politely and thoughtfully with others at all times, whether by email, by phone, or in person.
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and diligence, able to maintain the integrity of IT’s reputation in the organization.
- High degree of accuracy and precision in task completion, ensuring the quality and reliability of work product.
- Fully trustworthy, able to reliably ensure the safety and security of IT systems.
- Exhibits a humble and teachable spirit, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Able to safely lift up to 30 lbs, crawl in tight spaces, and climb ladders.
- Previous experience in hardware repairs, software troubleshooting, or networking a plus.
To be considered, please send the documents listed below to CHF: scan/email to email@example.com, fax to 818-979-7072. A CHF Human Resources representative will contact you regarding your interest and advise if any internship opportunities are available.
Internship documents include:
- Volunteer Internship Application
- Recommendation letter from your pastor, other recognized church leader, or educational advisor
- Cover letter – please include why you are interested in an internship with CHF