Volunteer Specialist Opportunity
Functional Area: General Office / Reception / Data Entry
Location: CHF-West (Sylmar, CA) and CHF-Midwest (Chicago/Homewood, IL)
Join the Volunteer Specialist team that helps CHF with various general office projects as we support local churches in Christ-centered compassion ministry to impoverished children and their families. Projects may vary from receptionist/front desk to data entry, from greeting and assisting visitors to research using the Internet, depending upon an individual volunteer’s skills and experience.
Volunteer Specialist opportunities generally take place between 7:30am and 4:30pm as scheduled in advance or as may arise on short-notice, depending upon volunteer availability and CHF needs at that time.
Responsibilities could include:
- Greet and assist visitors
- Process incoming package deliveries
- Distribute incoming mail and faxes
- Process outgoing mail and packages
- Conduct research on various topics using the Internet
- Enter data into database software; assist with data cleaning
- Assist with mailing projects and/or mailing list management
- Special event preparation and set-up
Volunteer Specialist qualifications include:
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; preferably an active member of a local church
- Warm and welcoming manner
- Neat and professional appearance
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- General office experience and familiarity with office equipment, such as copier, fax machine, scanner, ability to learn/use electronic postage machine
- Some projects require specialized computer skills, such as MS Excel and ability to learn database software program, or using the Internet for research or accessing shipping company web sites
Please note that CHF does not certify court-ordered community service hours.
Please complete our Volunteer Specialist Application then send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 818-979-7072. A resume and cover letter are also greatly appreciated. You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your information has been received.
Our Human Resources department will follow up with those candidates who most closely meet CHF’s requirements. We are grateful to the Lord for your interest in CHF! “The mind of a man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
No phone calls, please – and thank you!